As you will all be aware, Coronavirus is now becoming a more widespread threat. We want all of our members to be assured that we are doing everything we can to ensure services continue with minimum disruption to you. Our message to you is that your money is safe, and we will continue to provide our core services.
There are a number of changes to note if you are likely to need to access our services, or need to contact us whilst we operate in these exceptional circumstances:
- Our office opening hours until further notice will be 9.30am – 2.30pm Monday to Friday from Cardiff Central Library (Tuesdays and Fridays) and 174 Holton Road (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays) with skeleton staff. To prevent spread of the virus, access to either office is now by pre-arranged appointment only. Please call (029) 20 872373 or email email@example.com
- To help prevent infection, we have temporarily suspended the issue of cheques as a payment and accepting cash deposits at our offices. We are also temporarily suspending our volunteer-run collection and information points to protect our volunteers.
- We have delayed the opening of our new office at 4 Working Street, which will now open to the public at a later date once we are able to re-commence fulltime opening hours. We will announce this date when we know more.
- We strongly recommend that all members who haven’t already done so, apply for online account registration from our website. It’s safe, secure and easy to use. You’ll have access to your money when you need it most, and we’ll work hard behind the scenes to make sure this happens. Register for access here: https://cusecureserver.co.uk/~cardiffdigital/members/frm_pin_request.php
- Registering for account management will allow you to view and withdraw available savings from the comfort of your own home.
- If we approve a loan application from you, your loan agreement will be sent to you by post or email. Loans can also be applied for online by choosing the borrow option on our home page.
- We have added additional phone numbers for queries to support our main phone line. The numbers are as follows:
Loan application queries – 02920 872928 (9.30am – 4.30 pm)
Repaying an existing loan – 02920 872652 (9.30am – 4.30pm)
Requesting a savings withdrawal and other membership queries – 02920 873581, 02920 872603, 02920 873877 or 02920 872649 (typically 9.30am - 4.30pm but may vary)
If we have to close our offices and run a phone and online service for members, our contact numbers may change temporarily. If so, these numbers will be published on our website and social media.
- If you have been financially affected during this time, please let us know. We are here to listen and to try and help find solutions with you. We may be able to consider payment holidays or a temporary reduction of loan repayment to those adversely affected financially by the coronavirus crisis who can’t maintain their repayments. To assist us in responding quickly to your request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm the details of your request. To avoid any delays in us being able to make a decision, please then send us the following by post for the attention of the credit control team:
- A current bank statement confirming your reduced income
- Any additional documentation to help us assess the request, such as a letter from your employer confirming changes to your working hours or employment status.
Please note that our phone lines are very busy at this time, and we would urge you to register for our online service as a priority. You can also email us at email@example.com
Finally, whilst we continue to take guidance from the Government and NHS Wales, we want to assure you that we have contingencies in place for you to continue to access our services. Our arrangements might change as things progress, so for updates on branch openings and other messages, please refer to our website and follow us on our social media below:
We hope all of our members stay well and that we can resume our normal arrangements as soon as possible.
Share This Story